Saturday, December 31, 2011

Up-cycled Lamps

My New Year's project is to redesign my bedroom.  It's proving to be harder than I hoped, with having no money and all :).  But, that's not gonna stop me!  I'm having a great time experimenting with a very, very tight budget and making my own stuff (which means you get to experience the make-over step by step)!  The first step was cleaning the carpet with a trick I found on Pinterest.  It was soooo cool!  I made Logan and Will come and watch the "magic trick" like I was a Vegas magician.  They were impressed.  Then, I made them help move the bed and they ran away.

Today's project:  Up-cycling a set of lamps.  AJ and I scoped out a local Goodwill store the other day and found some (ugly) used lamps for $4 a piece!
They're not the same shape, but similar enough that I thought they'd work.  
Two different colors did not work for me though!


After the first coat of primer, I knew they would be perfect for my bedside tables!


Added a coat of ivory spray paint and a shade Logan and I found at Garden Ridge and whoa! 


I now have some nice looking table lamps on each side of the bed! 
 It's funny how the little things excite me :)

Tonight, I'm making little paper roses for a wreath to hang above the bed.  It's a fun project while we are watching TV and playing games and waiting to bring in the new year.


In honor of our Harrison & Holbrook Irish blood...  
"In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, never in want."

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. The lamp idea was cool. the bedroom looks good that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't even look like the same lamps! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete