Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I can't believe Christmas is only one week away!  We decided this year to focus more on the "true" meaning of the holiday, and focus less on shopping/spending/stressing.  And, I have been making a lot of gifts.  The more materialistic me of past was concerned at first about the whole "homemade" gift-giving.  But, I am pleasantly surprised by the sense of satisfaction from making these gifts.  Not only was it cost-saving, I feel like the gifts were more heartfelt.

It seems that everyone in this state is obsessed with UK basketball.  This makes gift ideas so much easier, especially for people you don't know well.  So, when we had our silent auction of wreaths to raise money for our Christmas donation to local charities at my office, I knew the UK wreath would pull some donations.  And, I had enough materials to make an extra for a co-worker of Will's.

The wreath for the silent auction at work.  Each year, we make wreaths, take bids, and donate money to local charities.  I'm blessed to work with a great group of folks who spread the spirit of Christmas!


This is the second one I made.  I thought using the extra blue and silver bulbs and some discounted ribbon from Michael's would be a great value gift for Will to take to work. 

I have too many on my "team" to do a big gift.  But, I did make a little something for everyone.  I gave gifts to my pals last Friday at our out-of-office staff meeting.  Everyone liked their ornaments :)




I'll not share all my gift ideas.  (I don't want to give away any surprises!)  I hope everyone enjoys receiving as much as I have enjoyed making presents.   Ahhhh, Christmas is such my favorite time of year!  One week... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment