Sunday, January 15, 2012

Scrapbook Paper Wall Art

The Harrison household has been under the weather.  I haven't felt well enough to do a lot of projects this past week.  And, I've tried to devote any time I felt well to taking care of my loves who have also been ill.  So, not much to post about!  

I did just finish some super delicious and high calorie Lemon Drop cupcakes.  Will is in a weight loss contest with his employees.  He asked if I could help him out by making a big fat fattening cupcake for each of his competitors.  I'm not sure that it's cheating, but I sure do feel guilty!  He says it's all just part of the competition.  He and I were good, we didn't try them.  David and his friend, Joey, said the were really good, though.  Wishing Will all kinds of luck with his weight loss.  And, hoping I benefit from his drive.

Oh, there was one other little project I finished over the weekend... my wall art for the bedroom.  I found some absolutely beautiful scrapbook paper in colors that compliment the decor of my room.  I've seen tons of  different pins on Pinterest for making wall art out of scrapbook paper, so I gave it a try.  

Here's the close up of each paper:

I glued each sheet to cardboard.  I've seen blogs suggesting you use canvas, shoe box lids, and foam.  The boys had friends over Friday night leaving me with empty pizza boxes.  Cleaned them up and glued scrapbook paper them.

This is what they look like side by side on my wall:

Very inexpensive and I like how it turned out!  I'd like to add a second row.  I'm sure I'll have another opportunity with our Friday night pizza routine.

Hope you all have had a very blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment