Sunday, January 8, 2012

Paper Rose Wreath

I took another picture of the paper rose wreath with Will's phone.  It takes better pictures :)




It has taken me what seems like FOREVER, but I finally finished my paper roses to make a wreath for above the bed.  The funny thing... after I finished, I wanted it for the fireplace in the living room and had to make another, more simply designed one, for the bed.



This is how it started.  I bought an old book at Goodwill for 50 cents, tore out 3 pages at a time and cut them into spirals.  Then, I rolled them up to look like roses (starting with outside of the spiral and rolling inward), and glued them on a foam wreath.  IT TAKES SO MANY ROSES!

This is the finished product hanging on the fire place.
  I put it there just to see how it looked and then decided it should stay.

When I still needed something for above the bed, I decided on a much more simple design.  One rose was all that I needed to roll for this one (instead of rolling roses every night for a week).  Cone shapes are much easier to make.  And, I think it's kinda cute, too!

The rest of my weekend has been spent taking down Christmas decorations, cleaning house, and trying to pass this crazy kidney stone.  Hoping it's gone soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment