Monday, November 25, 2013

Our First Christmas in the Cabin

I'm so stinkin' excited about Christmas this year.  I've never decorated before Thanksgiving, but this year we have already!  But, with the cost of gas for our heat (we've never had a big gas tank to fill and had no idea how costly it was!!!), we had to work with an itty bitty budget.  That meant a lot of DIY decorations.

This has been a busy time of year for the Commonwealth of KY... meaning, I'm living out of hotel rooms across the state training folks.  Last week, I decided I'm not letting that keep me from having my decorations ready to put up on the weekend.  So, I turned my hotel room into Santa's little workshop.  Here are a few things I made:

String Ornaments

 I wanted to make these ornaments I've seen a million times on Pinterest.  I finally got the chance in my hotel room.  

It started with a balloon and string.  I wrapped the string all over in all directions, coated with glue, and hung them up to dry.  A day later, I popped the balloon and pulled it out using tweezers.

I love the way they turned out and how they look on my "un-Christmas" tree in the dining room.  

Marble Tree

I bought a Styrofoam cone at the Dollar Tree.  And, picked up a box of marbles and a glass candlestick while I was there, too.  Add some hot glue in the mix and tadaa!     



 This one doesn't take much instruction!  Easy Peezy!  And, I think it turned out great. :)  I am loving my Dollar Tree decor this year.



I have a whole lot of other projects I've been working on and will be posting them soon!


Here's a sneak peek...
















No comments:

Post a Comment